The Nevada State Firefighter’s Association, Fire Agency Insurance Risk Authority, and Command Designs will annually recognize an instructor from the Nevada Fire Service who has demonstrated dedication and commitment, and has contributed to fire service education and training in a number of ways.
The nominee will be measured on achievement, not the size of the organization or service status. Selection will be based on quality and the quality of these achievements.
The following criteria will be assessed:
- Fire service manuals or texts authored
- Developing of training programs and/or training packages.
- Outside performance as a speaker and/or instructor.
- Exerted influence for the betterment of Fire, EMS, and Hazardous Materials
- Personal example and enhancement of the image and identity of the Fire Service.
- Development of unique fire and audio-visual aids.
A person must be nominated by someone other than themselves. All nominees will be selected by the Association’s Executive Committee and the previous award recipients. All nominations must be submitted through a member of the Association. To make a nomination, you must complete an application and include at least a one page explanation of the nominee’s achievements and list the nominee’s immediate supervisor, address and phone number. All applications must be received by April 15th of each year.
The recipient will receive an inscribed plaque in the recipient’s name. The award will be presented at the annual conference during the awards presentations.