ANNUAL SALARY RANGE:
$32,730.88 – $48,077.12
This is an open competitive recruitment being conducted to fill current Firefighter I vacancy with the Mt. Charleston Fire Protection District. Under general supervision, this position provides fire suppression, emergency medical, hazardous material, search and rescue and wild land emergency responses. The position also participates in all emergency response, preventative maintenance, fire prevention activities and all company level training and performs all other duties as assigned by the Fire Captain or Fire Chief.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING REQUERIMENTS
Graduation from high school or equivalent education. Must possess NFPA Firefighter I, EMT-Basic certification at the time of application, and maintain that certification. Must also meet Firefighter II National Wildfire Coordinating Group (NWCG) eligibility requirements, and maintain Red Card qualifications.
REQUIRED LICENSES AND CERTIFICATES
- A valid Class C Nevada driver’s license.
- Certification for NFPA Firefighter I.
- Certification for EMT-B.
- Certification for Firefighter II(Red Card NWCG)
- Current CPAT certification within last 6 months.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Maintain all required certifications.
- Pass annual medical certifications and physical agility test.
- Obtain a valid Nevada Commercial Class B with tanker endorsement within 6 months of hire.
- Obtain State of Nevada Firefighter II certification within 12 months of hire.
- Obtain NWCG Firefighter I certification within 12 month of hire.
- Obtain NREMT-A within 12 months of hire.
- Obtain SNHD attending license within 12 months of hire.
- Health Insurance: Medical, Prescription, Dental, Vision.
- Employer paid Long Term Disability
- Employer Paid Term Life Insurance
- Employer paid membership in the State of Nevada Public Employees Retirement System(Police & Fire)
- 11 paid holidays per year
- Annual uniform allowance
The selection process consists of job application, written resume, NWCG wildland physical pack test,
psychological test, Fire Chief Interview, fingerprints, and background investigation.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION
11/20/15 for applications please email Fire Chief
Contact Fire Chief Jorge Gonzalez at firstname.lastname@example.org
4650 Kyle Canyon Rd, Mt. Charleston, NV 89124
Station Phone: 702-872-5483